Sunday, November 25, 2012

Character Illustrations




























Here are a pair of bards, a dwarf and an elf created for Paizo Publishing's recently released NPC Codex (for those unfamiliar with roleplaying game lingo, an NPC is a "non-player character"). I painted two dwarves and two elves for this project. I'll post them in pairs, along with the drawings.

I actually prefer the preliminary line drawings for these characters to the painted finals. Looking back, it would have been nice to do these in pen and ink and watercolor as opposed to the all-digital I approach I took to the drawings and paintings. Nevertheless, I like the final artwork and I hope readers and players of Paizo's Pathfinder game will like it too. The NPC Codex book itself is simply loaded with artwork and is well worth checking out.

3 comments:

  1. There is a lushness to these. I love how the elf is viewed as if you are looking at someone very tall.

    Have you been experimenting with other techniques?

    ReplyDelete
  2. great work on the props and costumes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Christina. I'm always trying different approaches to see if I can get improved results.

    Thank you both for the kind words.

    ReplyDelete