Thursday, October 31, 2013

Shadowhunter's Codex






















I was privileged to join a number of extremely talented artists who created work for the newly-released Shadowhunter's Codex, an illustrated guide to the world of author Cassandra Clare's series, The Mortal Instruments. I illustrated a number of demons,  monstrous beings, magical objects, etc. for the book and I had a blast working with the book's co-author, Joshua Lewis. Over the next few days, I'll share some of my work from the book here. Since it's Halloween today, it seems appropriate to kick things off with a couple of demonic entities, Abaddon and a creature I whipped up from one of the darker corners of my own imagination. I'm not yet sure what it's called in the book but as I worked on it, I just thought of it as a "mouth demon", a voracious entity that will eat any living thing (but naturally prefers people).

I've included the preliminary sketches as well. Happy Halloween!

The book is available online and at bookstores nationwide. Please check it out!

4 comments: